The Hospice Program is a partnership between Hospice of Northwest Michigan and the Health Department of Northwest Michigan.
Hospice of Northwest Michigan
231-547-7448 (Monday through Friday)
Health Department of Northwest Michigan
231-547-6092 (during business hours)
Hospice NWM is the only independent, 501 (c)(3) non-profit Hospice in Northern Michigan not owned or financially supported by a hospital, corporation, or other for-profit entity.
You Have A Choice!
Not all Hospice programs are the same.
Hospice of Northwest Michigan provides specialized services promptly and is in the top tier of Hospice organizations in providing transitional care (e.g. the transition from home care to hospice care), pain management, and volunteer patient/family support including bereavement.
Hospice of Northwest Michigan is special because:
- Of the Hospices currently operating in Northern Michigan, Hospice NWM is the only independent, 501 (c)(3) non-profit Hospice is not owned or financially supported by a hospital, corporation, or other for-profit entity. This allows us to response more quickly and to meet immediate and/or unfunded needs with greater flexibility.
- We turn no one away for any reason, including lack of funds.
- You keep you own Doctor(s) and we work with them.
- Hospice of Northwest Michigan support local veterans as a Level 2 partner of the We Honor Veterans Program.
- We operate 24/7, 365 days a year because you never know when you may need us.
- Our RNs can physically respond to our clients within 30 minutes.
- Our staff is all cross-trained in Home Care and Hospice. If someone is not quite ready for Hospice, we can provide them with home care services, and then the same staff can seamlessly transition them into Hospice when they are ready.